Installing CQL 5
Installing CQL on Windows
- Unzip the installation file, named something like
cql5-windows.zip. This will create a directory named
\cql5in the directory from which the zip file was unzipped.
- You can put
cql.exeanywhere you like that is convenient.
- You can now run cql.exe.
- One way to run the examples that come with cql is this:
- From a DOS prompt or PowerShell, cd to the \cql5 directory
- move or copy the Heijden study database heijden.pgn to \cql5
- To run an example, try say
- This should create a pgn file named puremate-2-out.pgn .
Installing CQL on MacUnzip the installation file, which should be named something like
cql5-mac.zip. The Mac executable is named
cqland can be run from a Terminal directly, from anywhere. To run the examples easily, cd to the installation directory, copy say
heijden.pgnto that directory, and try
./cql examples/puremate-2.cqlThis should create a pgn file named puremate-2-out.pgn.
However, you can also run
cql from any directory you want.